Personal or social restrictions are often connected with special problems during the course of studies. These concerns may be of a complex nature. At the beginning of your studies you may encounter special challenges such as finding your way in a new town or organizing your studies. A student’s everyday life is often governed by the financial situation. Social problems may also occur during the course of studies or towards the end. If you find yourself in such a conflict, we are glad to help you to make your studies successful.
First contact point
We are the first contact point if you have personal, financial or social problems concerning your studies at the Hochschule (University of Applied Sciences) or the university. Individual counseling is most important. We will work out your personal decisions and solutions together with you as and when required. The social guidance will help you to gather information on different subjects and acts as an orientation and decision guide.
Orientation guides and Information
- Financial assistance other than BAföG (=student’s grant), e.g. social benefits, side job
- Students with children (financial queries, information centers)
- Questions of international students (financing and other contact points)
- Students with chronic diseases or disabilities (rehabilitation support, disadvantage compensation)
- Beginning, change or end of studies (Information for the first semester, financial security
during the final phase of studies)
- Other social questions concerning the studies
Co-operation and Networking
We co-operate with other social services within and outside the universities and refer you to other service centers, projects and foundations.
You can attend the open consultation hours without an appointment.
Open consultation hours:
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
For an individual consultation please make an appointment (in person or over the telephone) with our secretary during the opening hours.
Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
For initial requests you can also contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org