Students and employees of the University of Vechta can order their lunch for the following day with the new SWOSY app. They can also choose the time they want to pick up their meal. So, if you would like to fetch your lunch when this offer starts on Monday, 8 June, use SWOSY to order your meal on Sunday.
The menu for the first week (08.06. to 12.06.) of this new service includes delicious meals such as:
- Hangover Buster - pea stew with garnish
- Chickpea tajine with homemade potatoes
- Pulled oyster mushroom burger
- Chili con carne
- Active Bowl with smoked tofu or chicken wings
- Crispy chicken breast with curry sauce on organic rice
- Coconut-vegetable chili
There is also a wide range of drinks available:
- refreshing spritzers and soft drinks,
- coffee and coffee specialities as well as tea.
In the light of special hygiene regulations and protective measures required due to the Corona pandemic, the cafeteria team has taken precautions:
- When ordering, SWOSY offers specified pick-up times between 11:40 and 14:10. This avoids queuing and ensures that customers are protected. Every 10 minutes a maximum of 15 people can fetch their meals.
- Guests are guided through the cafeteria with ample distance between them.
- Admission is only possible with the prescribed mouth and nose protection.
According the Theo Thöle, head of university catering: "Customers do not come into direct contact with anyone. The high standard of hygiene followed by the kitchen team is further enhanced by masks, additional regular disinfection and adherence to the distance rules of 1.5 metres.”
As a further precautionary measure, Student Services are waiving cash payments with immediate effect. Guests can pay cashless with the CampusCard and upgrade the card at the top-up machines on site. An expansion of the cashless payment system, e.g. with EC cards, is planned for the winter semester.
"We have already successfully introduced the service in Osnabrück at the Schlossgarten and Westerberg locations. MENSA TO GO is to remain part of our service even after Corona, as this is also a way in which we can cater for guests who do not have time to sit down in the refectory," says Stefan Kobilke, Managing Director of Osnabrück Student Services.
SWOSY is a free app programmed by Nils Baumgartner and Johann Arndt – two students from Osnabrück University.
The app works on Android and iOS and can be downloaded via Google Play and Apple Store.