How do I apply for accommodation?

Just fill in our application form! All necessary information is to be found on

When can I apply for accommodation?

As soon as you are seriously thinking about taking up your studies in Osnabrück. Don´t wait to be registered at University, because by that time our waiting list might be very long, already. However, it is helpful to let us know as soon as you have been accepted.

How long do I have to wait for a room?

It depends on your choice of residence hall. Do not just mention one wish but indicate alternatives. We offer a lease contract to you as soon as there is a vacancy in your preferred hall for the time in question. Please consider that there are vacancies all year round but the demand for accommodation increases immensely for the winter semester.

I have received a lease contract. When can I move in and where do I get the keys?

Once we have received the signed contract we´ll send off a countersigned original back to you together with all necessary information regarding your move in.

How do I cancel my lease contract?

The Studentenwerk needs your cancellation in writing with your original signature. Do not forget to mention the date of termination. You´ll find a cancellation form among our downloads. For more information regarding our rules of cancellation you will also find the general lease conditions our contracts are based on.